Frequency of Eye Examinations
Our clients and patients frequently ask our opticians these questions:
- How often do kids get their eyes checked?
- How often do adults have eye tests?
- How often should older adults have their vision checked?
- How often should we update our eyeglasses prescriptions?
According to the Canadian Association of Optometrists, the minimum frequency of examination for patients who are healthy and without any known medical underlining conditions is as follows:
- Infants and Toddlers (from birth to 24 months) should undergo their first eye examination between the ages of 6 and 9 months.
- Preschool children should undergo at least one eye examination between the ages of 2 and 5 years.
- Children aged 6 to 19 years should visit the eye doctor for an examination once a year
- Adults aged 20 to 39 years should undergo an eye examination every 2 to 3 years
- Adults aged 40 to 64 years should have an eye exam every 2 years.
- Finally, Adults aged 65 years or older should undergo an eye examination annually
Our Robson Skylight Optical Store now offers eye examinations. Book your appointment today. How? Call our stores in Richmond 604-270-1787 or Vancouver (604) 683-8223. Email us at email@example.com